Sheriff Tolson is urging the public to follow the Centers for Disease Control’s precautions to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We highly encourage pastors and church members to seek alternative ways to worship. A lot of churches are having "Drive-In" worship services in which congregants stay in their vehicles while the church is having an out door worship service. Many churches are also holding services online through Facebook Live or other social media avenues.
Citizens are urged to use good judgement when congregating at a place in which three or more people are present. Deputies may ask the group to break up reminding them of the current public health crisis.
The exceptions to the executive order are as follows:
- Gatherings in homes or authorized gatherings
- Includes the following essential activities:
- Shopping at grocery stores and home improvement stores
- Getting gas at gas stations
- Construction sites
- Blood drives
Authorized gatherings do not include:
- Congregating at the entrance to a store to socialize.
- Gathering in public parks.