YORK COUNTY, SC (YCSO NEWS) – The York County Sheriff’s Office continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) spread thought out South Carolina and the nation. We continue to practice continuity of operations to ensure the safety of our citizens and staff.
In response to further measures to lessen the potential spread of COVID-19, Sheriff Kevin Tolson is closing public entrances to district offices in Clover, Rock Hill and Fort Mill. Until further notice, all Sheriff’s Office services will be provided at the Moss Justice Center located at 1675 York Highway, York, SC.
One exception, issuing scrap metal permits at the District 3 office in Rock Hill will continue, but for limited hours. Those seeking a metal permit should do so on Mondays and Wednesdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
For all emergency services, the public should continue to call 9-1-1. For all other non-emergency services, citizens are urged to call 803-628-3059 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Non-Emergencies after hours call 803-628-3056. When applicable, Deputies will manage non-emergency service calls by telephone. Signs will be placed on district office doors on how to call for emergency and non-emergency assistance.
Until further notice:
- The Ride-Along Program has been suspended.
- YCSO Citizen’s Academy has been suspended.
- Fingerprinting services have been suspended indefinitely.
- Those needing copies of incident reports may call 803-628-3059 for your request.
- All inmate visitation and volunteer led programs at the York County Detention Center have been suspended.
- Those individuals who are on the Sex Offender Registry and needing to register should call 803-628-3059 to speak with Detective Carter or Ms. Sykes.
Sheriff’s Office employees have been instructed in safest practices with regards to the response to service calls involving suspected COVID-19 contaminated individuals.
Sheriff Kevin Tolson is urging anyone who has flu-like symptoms or is “high-risk” for contracting COVID-19 to refrain from entering the Moss Justice Center. Additionally, if you have traveled outside of the continental United States or had close contact with someone who has recently traveled outside of the continental United States and is sick, please refrain from entering the Sheriff’s Office or any other county facility.