About Our Facility
The Detention Center is located at the Moss Justice Center and is a 565-bed direct supervision facility that opened in March of 1995. The Detention Center is charged with holding individuals who have been arrested by various law enforcement agencies in York County and held until they post bond or are ordered released by a court or transferred to a state institution after court sentencing. The Detention Center also houses inmates for the U.S. Marshal Service and Immigration and Customs Enforcement under an agreement that provides compensation to the county.
The York County Detention Center is committed to operating a facility that is secure, accountable, fair, and effective.
Mission Statement for The Detention Division
To meet this responsibility, the York County Detention Center will maintain a positive atmosphere for both incarcerated individuals and staff through the provision of:
- A safe and secure environment for inmates and staff
- A facility that is cost effective
- A professionally trained staff
- Positive and safe physical surroundings
- A variety of well-balanced programs that are conducive to appropriate inmate behavior
- A system to provide for the nutritional and physical well being of the inmate population
The York County Detention Center is committed to the operation of a facility that will meet state standards and for the preservation of basic human rights of the inmate population by the Constitution of the United States of America.