Home » Divisions » Values & Mission Statements
York County Sheriff’s Office Value Statement
We, the men and women of the York County Sheriff's Office, realize that we have been entrusted with providing the highest quality of service for the citizens of York County. We understand that we are a full service organization working together with the citizens to enhance the quality of life in York County. To accomplish these goals, we place the highest value on the following principles:
We believe our primary duty is to protect the life and property of all citizens in York County.
We believe in developing and maintaining a partnership with the citizens of York County. Citizens and law enforcement should be partners working together through mutual involvement and cooperation to seek long-term solutions to the problems of crime.
We believe in maintaining the highest standards of professionalism. By providing full service law enforcement based on integrity and accountability, we seek the trust and confidence of those we serve.
We believe in equality based on the principles of the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Mutual respect between the York County Sheriff's Office and the citizens of York County is based on these principles.
These are our highest values. We commit ourselves to these principles and we will strive to achieve each of them in the performance of our assigned duties.
York County Sheriff’s Office Mission Statement
It shall be the mission of the York County Sheriff's Office to provide for the safety and protection of the citizens and businesses of York County through proven full service law enforcement practices, including both reactive and proactive responses to criminal activity, to ensure that public interests and constitutionally guaranteed liberties are protected and that the judicial process is followed according to law. York County Sheriff’s Office personnel shall achieve this mission by maintaining a high level of work ethics, integrity and ethical standards in the performance of their duty. In order to fulfill this mission the York County Sheriff’s Office shall:
1. Enforce all applicable laws and ordinances;
2. Protect and promote the quality of life in York County;
3. Promote effective crime prevention practices;
4. Investigate all criminal activity;
5. Identify and arrest those suspected of criminal activity;
6. Provide advocacy and assistance to the victims of crime;
7. Incarcerate and secure those suspected and convicted of crime;
8. Preserve and protect the judicial process;
9. Provide effective service of warrants and civil process;
10. Enforce all traffic laws and provide proactive traffic solutions;
11. Render aid and assistance to all citizens in the time of crisis;
12. Provide appropriate public information to all parties;
13. Maintain a highly trained and qualified staff;
14. Maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity.